Town of Groton
173 Main Street
Groton, MA 01450
Conservation Commission Meeting
Tuesday, February 14 2023 at 6:30 PM
Town Hall: Second Floor Meeting Room, 173 Main Street Groton, MA
This meeting was posted Wednesday, February 8 2023 at 9:39 AM
Groton Conservation Commission
Tuesday, February 14, 2023 @ 6:30 p.m.
Town Hall, Second Floor Meeting Room
OPTION TO JOIN REMOTELY
Call-in number: (301)-715-8592
Webinar ID: 851 7874 5222
- APPOINTMENTS AND HEARINGS*
- 6:30 PM – RDA – 48 Hayden Road, replacement of sewage disposal system (D. Dagle).
- 6:40 PM – RDA – 703 Chicopee Row (GDRSD High School), for drilling of exploratory borings.
- 6:55 PM – RDA – 82 Ridgewood Road, for the demolition of an existing structure and associated tree removal.
- 7:05 PM – Preliminary Discussion on 12-14 Valliria Drive on a proposed detached garage.
- 7:20 PM – Discussion on unpermitted work in the buffer zone at 572 Longley Road.
- 7:35 PM – Discussion on unpermitted work in the buffer zone at 25 Whitney Pond Road.
- 7:50 PM – Discussion on minor change to OOC (MassDEP#169-1243), Groton School Sturgis House, required work on sewage main behind house.
- 8:00 PM – NOI (cont.) , 282 Farmers Row “Groton School” (MassDEP# not yet received), for the construction of an athletic track and field.
- 8:00 PM – NOI (cont.), 282 Farmers Row “Groton School” (MassDEP# not yet received), for the construction of a multipurpose sports field and baseball diamond.
- 8:00 PM – RDA (cont.) – Nate Nutting Road (Rocky Hill Wildlife Sanctuary), for the creation of wildlife habitat (Fox Meadow Realty Group)
- 8:00 PM – Discussion with Atty. Bob Collins on the management of proposed wildlife habitat at Rocky Hill Wildlife Sanctuary.
- GENERAL BUSINESS*
- OOC, 33 Longley Road, MassDEP#169-1245
- OOC, 31 Fitch’s Bridge Road, MassDEP#169-1247
- General Discussions/Announcements
- Update on FY23 LAND Grant
- Discuss virtual vs. in-person meetings/hybrid meetings (on going discussion)
- Land Management & Acquisition
- Committee Updates
- Other updates from municipal boards/committees
- Stewardship Committee (trail name recommendation)
- Approve Meeting Minutes
- Open Session for topics not reasonably anticipated 48 hours in advance of meeting*
- (IF NECESSARY) Executive Session pursuant to MGL Ch. 30A, Sec. 21(6): * “To consider the purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real estate, if the chair declares that an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the negotiating position of the public body.”
*Votes may be takenThe listing of topics that the Chair reasonably anticipates will be discussed at the meeting is not intended as a guarantee of the topics that will have been discussed. Not all topics listed may in fact be discussed, and other topics not listed may also be brought up for discussion to the extent permitted by law.